
Contact: Hamlett Dobbins, 901.219.1943, hamlettdobbins@hotmail.com or Lewis Feibelman, feibelman.lewis@yahoo.com, 617.594.0436.
Material is excited to announce its ninth exhibition of the 2008 season: Lewis Feibelman: Spaces and Places.
Lewis Feibelman: Spaces and Places will open with a reception for the artist on Friday, November 7th from 6-8 pm.
The gallery will also be open on Saturday, November 8th from 2-4.
Following this the gallery will be open by appointment only. Appointments can be made by contacting either Hamlett Dobbins at hamlettdobbins@hotmail.com or via cell 901.219.1943.
The exhibition will run from November 7 through November 29.
About the exhibition Feibelman writes: “I am interested in interpreting what I see around me – the architecture, houses and rooms that compose the human-made environment ... I think of my paintings as a daily journal which I share with the viewer as my recording. The artists that inspire me are both contemporary and historical.”
Feibelman received his BA from Sarah Lawrence College and continued his studies at Rhodes College as well as the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. Lewis Feibelman has been featured in group exhibitions in Cambridge, MA and locally in one person shows at Otherlands Café, Artist Market, Circuit Playhouse and at Material in the winter of 2005. Additional images of Lewis Feibelman’s work can be found at www.lewisfeibelman.com.
Material is located at 2553 Broad Avenue. Parking is available on both the north and south sides of Broad Avenue.
Jpg information: “Feibelman.jpg” is Lewis Feibelman’s Untitled, 48x48”, Acrylic on canvas, 2008.
Material is excited to announce its ninth exhibition of the 2008 season: Lewis Feibelman: Spaces and Places.
Lewis Feibelman: Spaces and Places will open with a reception for the artist on Friday, November 7th from 6-8 pm.
The gallery will also be open on Saturday, November 8th from 2-4.
Following this the gallery will be open by appointment only. Appointments can be made by contacting either Hamlett Dobbins at hamlettdobbins@hotmail.com or via cell 901.219.1943.
The exhibition will run from November 7 through November 29.
About the exhibition Feibelman writes: “I am interested in interpreting what I see around me – the architecture, houses and rooms that compose the human-made environment ... I think of my paintings as a daily journal which I share with the viewer as my recording. The artists that inspire me are both contemporary and historical.”
Feibelman received his BA from Sarah Lawrence College and continued his studies at Rhodes College as well as the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. Lewis Feibelman has been featured in group exhibitions in Cambridge, MA and locally in one person shows at Otherlands Café, Artist Market, Circuit Playhouse and at Material in the winter of 2005. Additional images of Lewis Feibelman’s work can be found at www.lewisfeibelman.com.
Material is located at 2553 Broad Avenue. Parking is available on both the north and south sides of Broad Avenue.
Jpg information: “Feibelman.jpg” is Lewis Feibelman’s Untitled, 48x48”, Acrylic on canvas, 2008.
No comments:
Post a Comment